- Open the Local Area Connection Properties page;
- Click the Settings button on the Advanced tab;
- On the General tab, ensure that the firewall is turned on.
Use the exceptions tab to create port-specific rules using the Add Port button. It's also possible to limit inbound...
traffic to certain IP addresses by clicking the Change Scope button on the Add a Port window.
When Windows Server 2008 was released, Microsoft included Windows Firewall with Advanced Security. This product offers a dramatically enhanced graphical user interface (GUI) and allows administrators to create both ingress (inbound traffic) and egress (outbound traffic) rules.
- Learn how to configure firewall files with Nipper.
- Expert Michael Cobb discusses how Windows Firewall with Advanced Security interacts with an IPsec command line tool.
Related Q&A from Mike Chapple
The updated HITRUST Common Security Framework allows organizations to manage privacy, security and compliance with one framework. Here's how it works...continue reading
A HIPAA audit covers privacy compliance, and organizations need to be prepared. Expert Mike Chapple discusses privacy in the audits.continue reading
A data breach warranty may seem like a tempting way to survive a costly attack, but it may not be all it's hyped up to be. Expert Mike Chapple ...continue reading
Have a question for an expert?
Please add a title for your question
Get answers from a TechTarget expert on whatever's puzzling you.