Ask the Expert

Encryption for exporting

How can I get information about what types of encryption technologies we can export to branch offices in different countries?

    Requires Free Membership to View

The Bureau of Export Administration (BXA) at the U.S. Department of Commerce is responsible for export controls on encryption. I think the use of encryption in a foreign office of a U.S. entity would fall under their jurisdiction.
For more information on this topic, check out these resources:
Best Web Links: Encryption
Best Web Links: Law, Public policy and standards

This was first published in December 2001

There are Comments. Add yours.

TIP: Want to include a code block in your comment? Use <pre> or <code> tags around the desired text. Ex: <code>insert code</code>

REGISTER or login:

Forgot Password?
By submitting you agree to receive email from TechTarget and its partners. If you reside outside of the United States, you consent to having your personal data transferred to and processed in the United States. Privacy
Sort by: OldestNewest

Forgot Password?

No problem! Submit your e-mail address below. We'll send you an email containing your password.

Your password has been sent to: