Can you recommend some software that would test my Web site's security? Most any vulnerability scanning software...
that can scan your server would be a step in the right direction. Here are some popular tools:
- nMap (http://www.insecure.org/nmap/)
- Nessus (http://www.nessus.org)
- ISS (http://www.iss.net/)
- SAINT (http://www.saintcorporation.com/products/saint_engine.html)
- SARA, (http://www-arc.com/sara/)
You will also want to check script security using a tools such as Nikto.
While there is no guarantee that these tools will find all vulnerabilities, obviously you should fix the ones they do find.
For more info on this topic, please visit these SearchSecurity.com resources:
Dig Deeper on Web Application Security
Have a question for an expert?
Please add a title for your question
Get answers from a TechTarget expert on whatever's puzzling you.