As news writer for SearchSecurity and SearchCloudSecurity, Brandan Blevins covers the enterprise information security landscape, from data breaches and research reports to IT security product market trends and case studies. Prior to taking on his current role in 2014, Brandan spent two years as an assistant site editor, focusing on multimedia production and SearchSecurity's Ask the Experts section. Before joining TechTarget, he cut his teeth in business-to-business Internet publishing at Wellesley Information Services, working on its Experts series. Brandan graduated from Bates College with a B.A. in English in 2008.
See Brandan's article archive below. If you have a news tip, email Brandan at email@example.com.
Contributions from Brandan Blevins, News Writer
- Does Heartbleed pose a risk to Android users?
- Heartbleed bug update: Successful attacks reported
- War of words follows ranking of breach-detection systems
- Why 'Heartbleed' is a slow-motion train wreck
- Microsoft ships final patches for Windows XP, Office 2003
- OpenSSL patches critical 'Heartbleed' encryption flaw
- Slow-brewing XP attacks likely after patches end
- Can big data detect, mitigate unknown threats? Expert says yes
- NTP reflection technique causing bigger DDoS attacks
- Apple patches dozens of vulnerabilities in Safari browser
- Banks nix Target breach suit, but is Trustwave still on the hook?
- For lingering Windows XP migrations, app compatibility is key
- Hotmail snooping scandal prompts Microsoft policy change
- Cisco releases batch of patches for IOS denial-of-service flaws
- Banks also sue Trustwave in Target breach lawsuit
- Expert: ACA security fears necessitate proper controls
- For threat detection products, trust is yet to be earned
- Analysis: Facing identity crisis, Symantec needs strategic focus
- Research highlights tactics to spot banking botnets
- Researchers find old PHP vulnerability enjoying new life