Eric Ogren is the founder and Principal Analyst of the Ogren Group. At the Ogren Group, Eric advises security vendor clients and assists them in developing traditional written/spoken and social media communications.
Eric’s background features over 15 years of software engineering experience, proven successes in product management at RSA, vice president of marketing at security startups Okena/Cisco, Sequation, and Tizor, and security industry analyst for the Yankee Group and ESG.
Eric holds a B.S. degree in mathematics from the University of Massachusetts and an M.S. degree in Computer Science from Boston University.
Contributions from Eric Ogren, Contributor
- Cloud-based security services should start private
- Twitter risks, Facebook threats trouble security pros
- Virtual appliances boost flexibility, improve security
- IT pros find corporate firewall rules tough to navigate
- IT pros can detect, prevent website vulnerabilities, thwart attacks
- WH cybersecurity plan needs private sector guidance
- Organizations struggle with data leakage prevention, rights management
- Software Piracy pandemic needs government role, better vendor antipiracy plans
- App service cloud could boost security, manageability
- Feds should get private sector advice on cybersecurity
- Mimic the IBM approach to security at RSA
- RSA Conference 2009 shines spotlight on security vendor innovation
- Conficker leaves security industry looking clueless
- Mass., Nev. data protection laws wrong, ineffective
- Microsoft IE 8 security only benefits educated users
- Latest Apple iPhone features prompt security concerns
- Microsoft Threat Management Gateway has some drawbacks
- Apple iPhone app could boost two-factor
- Cisco offers more email security choices, but lacks vision
- HIPAA changes force healthcare to improve data flow