Kevin Beaver is an information security consultant, writer, professional, speaker and expert witness with Atlanta-based Principle Logic LLC. With more than 25 years of experience in the industry, Kevin specializes in performing independent security vulnerability assessments of network systems, as well as Web and mobile applications. He has authored/co-authored 11 books on information security, including the best-selling Hacking for Dummies, The Practical Guide to HIPAA Privacy and Security Compliance, and Implementation Strategies for Fulfilling and Maintaining IT Compliance. In addition, he's the creator of the Security on Wheels information security audio books and blog providing security learning for IT professionals on the go. You can reach Kevin through his website, www.principlelogic.com, and follow him on Twitter at @kevinbeaver.
Contributions from Kevin Beaver, Network Security
- A more visible network is a more secure network
- It's time to plan a security policy for the Internet of Things
- Get the most out of an authenticated vulnerability scan
- Top nine misconceptions about authenticated vulnerability scans
- The importance of next-generation network security
- Learning from Facebook's ThreatData framework
- Snort and OpenAppID: The answer to application control?
- Questions to ask when considering a cloud-based firewall
- Is the rise in router port scanning a cause for concern?
- How to secure a wireless router and ensure remote admin security
- Firewalls: Inbound vs. outbound, what's the difference?
- Network segmentation: Not always an easy decision
- RSA 2014 recap: NSA surveillance truths remain elusive
- Automate SQL injection testing
- Key points of Sarbanes-Oxley