Lisa Phifer owns Core Competence Inc., a consulting firm specializing in business use of emerging Internet technologies. Lisa has been involved in the design, implementation and evaluation of internetworking, security and management products for 30 years. At Core Competence, she has advised large and small companies regarding security needs, product assessment and the use of emerging technologies and best practices. She teaches about wireless LAN and mobile device administration and security, and has written extensively for numerous publications, including Information Security, SearchSecurity, SearchMobileComputing, TomsITPro, and Wi-Fi Planet. Phifer's insight columns and technical tips are published monthly by SearchNetworking and the AirWISE Community Security Center. She holds an MS, Computer Science from Villanova University, and a BS in Computer Science from West Chester University.
Do you have a question for our experts?
Contributions from Lisa Phifer, Contributor
- A wireless network vulnerability assessment checklist
- A list of wireless network attacks
- Smartphone security: The growing threat of mobile malwa
- Secure remote access: Closing the Windows Mobile Smartp
- Encryption strategies for preventing laptop data leaks
- Taking the bite out of Bluetooth
- Understanding IPsec identity and authentication options
- How to use fuzzing to deter VoIP protocol attacks
- VoIP protocols: A technical guide
- Beyond wireless intrusion detection
- Report card: Security appliances
- Detailed comparison: Firewall
- How all-in-one security applicances cut down costs
- Detailed comparison: Virtual Private Network (VPN)
- Detailed comparison: Antivirus
- The capabilities of IPsec selectors
- SSL VPNs and authentication
- VPN fast facts: True or false?
- What VPN history says about VPN futures
- Cover story: IPSec vs. SSL VPN