Lisa Phifer owns Core Competence Inc., a consulting firm specializing in business use of emerging Internet technologies. Lisa has been involved in the design, implementation and evaluation of internetworking, security and management products for 30 years. At Core Competence, she has advised large and small companies regarding security needs, product assessment and the use of emerging technologies and best practices. She teaches about wireless LAN and mobile device administration and security, and has written extensively for numerous publications, including Information Security, SearchSecurity, SearchMobileComputing, TomsITPro, and Wi-Fi Planet. Phifer's insight columns and technical tips are published monthly by SearchNetworking and the AirWISE Community Security Center. She holds an MS, Computer Science from Villanova University, and a BS in Computer Science from West Chester University.
Do you have a question for our experts?
Contributions from Lisa Phifer, Contributor
- Upgrading to Wi-Fi protected access
- Policy-driven WLAN security
- Tutorial test: WLAN threats
- WLAN security: Best practices for wireless network secu
- Checklist for secure wireless LAN deployment
- Keeping WLANs safe with WLAN security tools
- Keeping wireless intruders away
- Waiting for national wireless strategy
- Bolstering WLAN security