Marcus J. Ranum, Chief Security Officer of Tenable Security, Inc., is a world-renowned expert on security system design and implementation. Since the late 1980's, he has designed a number of groundbreaking security products including the DEC SEAL, the TIS firewall toolkit, the Gauntlet firewall, and NFR's Network Flight Recorder intrusion detection system. He has been involved in every level of operations of a security product business, from developer, to founder and CEO of NFR. Marcus has served as a consultant to many FORTUNE 500 firms and national governments, as well as serving as a guest lecturer and instructor at numerous high-tech conferences. In 2001, he was awarded the TISC "Clue" award for service to the security community, and also holds the ISSA lifetime achievement award. In 2005 he was awarded Security Professional of the Year by Techno Security Conference.
Contributions from Marcus J. Ranum, Contributor
- Converting to cloud: Ranum Q&A with Lee Heath
- Ranum: After APT1, it's time for fearless info sharing
- Ranum chat: The security metrics dilemma
- Ranum chat: APT attacks and malware evolution
- Marcus Ranum chat: Information security monitoring
- Ranum chat: Information security architecture
- Marcus Ranum and Bob Blakley discuss risk management
- Marcus Ranum and Gary McGraw talk about software security issues
- Bruce Schneier and Marcus Ranum Face-Off: Should We Have an Expectation of Online Privacy?
- Bruce Schneier, Marcus Ranum debate home users and security
- Identifying VoIP phone security risks, attacks
- Be prepared: How to prevent and detect botnets
- Untapped riches
- Are cyberwarfare and cyberterrorism overblown?
- A step-by-step network incident response plan
- OS fingerprinting with POF
- Packet analyzers enable enterprise 'packet peeking'
- Using HoneyD configurations to build honeypot systems