Michael Cobb, CISSP-ISSAP, is a renowned security author with over 20 years of experience in the IT industry. He has a passion for making IT security best practices easier to understand and achievable. His website www.hairyitdog.com offers free security posters to raise employee awareness of the importance of safeguarding company and client data and of following good practices. He co-authored the book IIS Security and has written many technical articles for leading IT publications. Mike has also been a Microsoft Certified Database Manager and registered consultant with the CESG Listed Advisor Scheme (CLAS).
Do you have a question for our experts?
Contributions from Michael Cobb, Application Security
- Can authentication caching reduce network strain?
- IMessage security: Is iMessage encryption hacker-safe?
- Preparing for Symantec Protection Center end of life
- New Web browser: Can the Aviator browser meet enterprise needs?
- Lessons learned from HealthCare.gov security issues
- Mitigating enterprise API security risks
- Does HTTP Strict Transport Security enhance app security?
- Continuous security monitoring: Is 24/7 security possible?
- Boosting malware defense with Google Chrome Canary
- Can CAMP technology defeat socially engineered malware?
- With new security features, is Dropbox safe for enterprises?
- The future of SSL: Transitioning from SHA-1 to SHA-2
- What to do when Microsoft Office 2003 security support stops
- Does Chrome have a plaintext password problem?
- Rethink how you use your SIEM product
- Protecting endpoint devices with code-execution prevention
- Trusted Platform Module + Windows 8 = Backdoor?
- The pros and cons of elliptic curve cryptography
- Enterprise IM security risks: Many and varied
- Assessing SSH security risks in the enterprise