Michael Cobb, CISSP-ISSAP, is a renowned security author with over 20 years of experience in the IT industry. He has a passion for making IT security best practices easier to understand and achievable. His website www.hairyitdog.com offers free security posters to raise employee awareness of the importance of safeguarding company and client data and of following good practices. He co-authored the book IIS Security and has written many technical articles for leading IT publications. Mike has also been a Microsoft Certified Database Manager and registered consultant with the CESG Listed Advisor Scheme (CLAS).
Do you have a question for our experts?
Contributions from Michael Cobb, Application Security
- Can VDI solve enterprise BYOD blues?
- Heartbleed demands updates to security policies
- Application security in the age of open source
- Safe assembly: Component reuse in the age of open source
- Reducing distributed denial-of-service attacks
- Security School: DDoS quiz
- What are the implementation costs for the OWASP Top Ten?
- What's it worth? Determining the risk values of IT assets
- Avoid socially engineered malware with the right Web browser
- Does FIPS 140-2 certification belong in an enterprise?
- Web application security testing on a budget
- Life after TrueCrypt: Enterprise disk encryption options
- How to evaluate third-party application security
- Beating back malicious mobile apps
- Must-have vulnerability risk assessment tools
- Keeping touchscreen devices safe from mobile keyloggers
- First look: Microsoft EMET 5.0
- Crypto-currency and security: Is Bitcoin safe?
- How to get funding for rapid patch deployments
- In-house app store crucial part of mobile device security policy