Michael Cobb, CISSP-ISSAP, is a renowned security author with over 20 years of experience in the IT industry. He has a passion for making IT security best practices easier to understand and achievable. His website www.hairyitdog.com offers free security posters to raise employee awareness of the importance of safeguarding company and client data and of following good practices. He co-authored the book IIS Security and has written many technical articles for leading IT publications. Mike has also been a Microsoft Certified Database Manager and registered consultant with the CESG Listed Advisor Scheme (CLAS).
Do you have a question for our experts?
Contributions from Michael Cobb, Application Security
- Mitigate malicious apps with mobile device security training
- SSL certificate revocation: There are differences among browsers
- Website security service providers: Evaluation criteria
- How Firefox security features improve Web browser security
- Web browser extension security: Risks, mitigation strategies
- How to manage security for Drupal and WordPress
- Security implications of open source code reuse
- Aging software: Securing legacy ERP, CRM systems
- How to overcome NBMD deployment challenges
- Password-strength meters: The key to strong passwords?
- Browser encryption key length: Why it matters
- How does certificate pinning improve reliability?
- Mining useful data from the Firefox Health Report
- Can the KNOX platform improve Android security?
- How enterprises should react to OWASP's updated Top 10
- CAMP for Chrome: Has Google improved Chrome security?
- Should enterprises deploy 2FA despite vulnerabilities?
- Weighing the security risk of unqualified domain names
- Has the RC4 encryption algorithm been broken for good?
- Trusted platform module: Using an undervalued tool