This page is part of a Security School lesson, featuring a selection of expert technical content on this topic. Explore more in this school:
7. - About the expert: Read more in this section
- Michael Cobb, Application Security
Explore other sections in this guide:
- 1. - What are malicious mobile apps, and what can IT do about them?
- 2. - The latest on malicious mobile apps
- 3. - Are malicious mobile apps just a mere inconvenience?
Michael Cobb, CISSP-ISSAP, is a renowned security author with over 20 years of experience in the IT industry. He has a passion for making IT security best practices easier to understand and achievable. His website www.hairyitdog.com offers free security posters to raise employee awareness of the importance of safeguarding company and client data and of following good practices. He co-authored the book IIS Security and has written many technical articles for leading IT publications. Mike has also been a Microsoft Certified Database Manager and registered consultant with the CESG Listed Advisor Scheme (CLAS).
Do you have a question for our experts?
Contributions from Michael Cobb, Application Security
- A probem management process flow minimizes incident
- Managing toolbars and other browser extensions
- JVM architecture: Applet to applet communication
- Managing app permissions through isolated storage
- Next-generation firewalls: Marketing hype or real value
- Is now the time to upgrade from Windows XP to 7?
- Comparing relational database and NoSQL security
- Browser plug-ins for search engine poisoning protection
- JeOs and the benefits of a virtual security appliance
- Patch management: Fast rollouts vs. thorough testing
- DO OS X endpoints need special AV software?
- How to erase browser history
- Fight against phishing with SPF and DKIM authentication
- Service Pack 1 for Windows 7: What you need to know
- Setting the bar for cross-site scripting prevention
- Symmetric key encryption algorithms
- Is laptop remote wipe technology essential?
- Is IE9 now the most secure browser available?
- PHP programming security best practices
- How to mitigate the risk of a TOCTTOU attack