Michael Cobb, CISSP-ISSAP, is a renowned security author with over 20 years of experience in the IT industry. He has a passion for making IT security best practices easier to understand and achievable. His website www.hairyitdog.com offers free security posters to raise employee awareness of the importance of safeguarding company and client data and of following good practices. He co-authored the book IIS Security and has written many technical articles for leading IT publications. Mike has also been a Microsoft Certified Database Manager and registered consultant with the CESG Listed Advisor Scheme (CLAS).
Do you have a question for our experts?
Contributions from Michael Cobb, Application Security
- Securing applications with a network pen test
- OAuth 2.0: Pros and cons of using federation protoc
- Web application fingerprinting; new way to stop hackers
- How to secure websites using the HSTS protocol
- How to choose application security tools
- Software testing methodologies: Dynamic versus static
- Which is the most secure Web browser?
- Firefox 4 vs. Firefox 5: Risks of delaying an upgrade
- Investing in your secure software development lifecycle
- Open source testing tools for Web applications
- What is a virtual directory?
- A probem management process flow minimizes incident
- Managing toolbars and other browser extensions
- JVM architecture: Applet to applet communication
- Managing app permissions through isolated storage
- Next-generation firewalls: Marketing hype or real value
- Is now the time to upgrade from Windows XP to 7?
- Comparing relational database and NoSQL security
- Browser plug-ins for search engine poisoning protection
- JeOs and the benefits of a virtual security appliance