Michael Cobb, CISSP-ISSAP, is a renowned security author with over 20 years of experience in the IT industry. He has a passion for making IT security best practices easier to understand and achievable. His website www.hairyitdog.com offers free security posters to raise employee awareness of the importance of safeguarding company and client data and of following good practices. He co-authored the book IIS Security and has written many technical articles for leading IT publications. Mike has also been a Microsoft Certified Database Manager and registered consultant with the CESG Listed Advisor Scheme (CLAS).
Do you have a question for our experts?
Contributions from Michael Cobb, Application Security
- Exploring behavioral monitoring for virtual platforms
- Pros & cons of Gmail Postini spam-filtering for SMBs
- Advice on free Web application vulnerability scanners
- How an IIS Web application pool boosts app security
- Rating Windows 7 mobile device encryption
- Debug and test Web applications using Burp Proxy
- What is SQL Server Atlanta?
- Diffie-Hellman vs. RSA: Comparing algorithms
- Can threat modeling tools help secure mobile apps?
- Secure cloud file storage for health care: How to regain control
- Social networking best practices for preventing social network malware
- Understanding the value of an enterprise application-aw
- A pre-implementation Windows 7 security guide for enter
- With EMET, Microsoft ranges beyond mitigation security technology
- Prevent enterprise PDF attacks
- Performing a security risk analysis to assess acceptabl
- Choosing the right Web application firewall
- The value of application whitelists
- Nmap Technical Manual
- Why Web services threats demand strict security