Michael Cobb, CISSP-ISSAP, is a renowned security author with over 20 years of experience in the IT industry. He has a passion for making IT security best practices easier to understand and achievable. His website www.hairyitdog.com offers free security posters to raise employee awareness of the importance of safeguarding company and client data and of following good practices. He co-authored the book IIS Security and has written many technical articles for leading IT publications. Mike has also been a Microsoft Certified Database Manager and registered consultant with the CESG Listed Advisor Scheme (CLAS).
Do you have a question for our experts?
Contributions from Michael Cobb, Application Security
- BYOD and mobile app data slurping
- How to augment XSS filtering
- How to defend your company against a mobile keylogger
- Microphones and speech-recognition security
- How Heartbleed changed open source software security
- Are rogue mobile apps a threat to Android?
- Windows Error Reporting: Helpful info or attacker fodder?
- How to test the security of cloud-based applications
- Countdown to Windows Server 2003 end of life planning
- If Obama can't have an iPhone, should anyone?
- Is malware on mobile devices more than an annoyance?
- Apple iOS security secrets revealed
- How can DoS attacks be prevented?
- Brand hacking: How to keep corporate social media secure
- Will Google's AdID replace third-party cookies?
- Testing for new vulnerabilities with the Metasploit Framework
- Man-in-the-middle attacks: What's the best defense?
- Can authentication caching reduce network strain?
- IMessage security: Is iMessage encryption hacker-safe?