This page is part of a Security School lesson, featuring a selection of expert technical content on this topic. Explore more in this school:
7. - About the expert: Read more in this section
- Michael Cobb, Application Security
Explore other sections in this guide:
- 1. - What are malicious mobile apps, and what can IT do about them?
- 2. - The latest on malicious mobile apps
- 3. - Are malicious mobile apps just a mere inconvenience?
Michael Cobb, CISSP-ISSAP, is a renowned security author with over 20 years of experience in the IT industry. He has a passion for making IT security best practices easier to understand and achievable. His website www.hairyitdog.com offers free security posters to raise employee awareness of the importance of safeguarding company and client data and of following good practices. He co-authored the book IIS Security and has written many technical articles for leading IT publications. Mike has also been a Microsoft Certified Database Manager and registered consultant with the CESG Listed Advisor Scheme (CLAS).
Do you have a question for our experts?
Contributions from Michael Cobb, Application Security
- Rethink how you use your SIEM product
- Protecting endpoint devices with code-execution prevention
- Trusted Platform Module + Windows 8 = Backdoor?
- The pros and cons of elliptic curve cryptography
- Enterprise IM security risks: Many and varied
- Assessing SSH security risks in the enterprise
- This is the end: Managing Windows XP end of life
- Does BlackBerry's email system pose a vendor backdoor threat?
- How to prevent data loss via database data egress points
- Windows 8.1 security overview: Enterprise features and tools
- IE 11 security: Has Web browser security technology peaked?
- Mitigate malicious apps with mobile device security training
- SSL certificate revocation: There are differences among browsers
- Website security service providers: Evaluation criteria
- How Firefox security features improve Web browser security
- Web browser extension security: Risks, mitigation strategies
- How to manage security for Drupal and WordPress
- Security implications of open source code reuse
- Aging software: Securing legacy ERP, CRM systems
- How to overcome NBMD deployment challenges