This page is part of a Security School lesson, featuring a selection of expert technical content on this topic. Explore more in this school:
7. - About the expert: Read more in this section
- Michael Cobb, Application Security
Explore other sections in this guide:
- 1. - What are malicious mobile apps, and what can IT do about them?
- 2. - The latest on malicious mobile apps
- 3. - Are malicious mobile apps just a mere inconvenience?
Michael Cobb, CISSP-ISSAP, is a renowned security author with over 20 years of experience in the IT industry. He has a passion for making IT security best practices easier to understand and achievable. His website www.hairyitdog.com offers free security posters to raise employee awareness of the importance of safeguarding company and client data and of following good practices. He co-authored the book IIS Security and has written many technical articles for leading IT publications. Mike has also been a Microsoft Certified Database Manager and registered consultant with the CESG Listed Advisor Scheme (CLAS).
Do you have a question for our experts?
Contributions from Michael Cobb, Application Security
- How to overcome NBMD deployment challenges
- Password-strength meters: The key to strong passwords?
- Browser encryption key length: Why it matters
- How does certificate pinning improve reliability?
- Mining useful data from the Firefox Health Report
- Can the KNOX platform improve Android security?
- How enterprises should react to OWASP's updated Top 10
- CAMP for Chrome: Has Google improved Chrome security?
- Should enterprises deploy 2FA despite vulnerabilities?
- Weighing the security risk of unqualified domain names
- Has the RC4 encryption algorithm been broken for good?
- Trusted platform module: Using an undervalued tool
- How to reduce open source code security risk
- App store encryption: Learning from Apple's mistakes
- Out of control: Tackling Java endpoint vulnerabilities
- Weighing security controls: SANS vs. Australian DSD
- Why can't I just ignore internal app security threats?
- What are the limits of free Web app scanning tools?
- How many revisions make for good code review?
- How to advocate for EMET amid configuration struggles