Michael Cobb, CISSP-ISSAP, is a renowned security author with over 20 years of experience in the IT industry. He has a passion for making IT security best practices easier to understand and achievable. His website www.hairyitdog.com offers free security posters to raise employee awareness of the importance of safeguarding company and client data and of following good practices. He co-authored the book IIS Security and has written many technical articles for leading IT publications. Mike has also been a Microsoft Certified Database Manager and registered consultant with the CESG Listed Advisor Scheme (CLAS).
Do you have a question for our experts?
Contributions from Michael Cobb, Application Security
- The risks of running Android apps on BlackBerry 10
- Quiz: Database security issues
- How to harden legacy applications with Microsoft's EMET
- Analysis: How BlackBerry 10's password blacklist works
- Google Play Private Channel: Better than app stores?
- How to mitigate Adobe Shockwave Player security issues
- How to prevent the top five most common Web app flaws
- Validating Web app security: Pen test or code review?
- The evolution of threat detection and management
- Flash marries Patch Tuesday: How to adjust patching
- Is security an issue for the Ruby on Rails framework?
- Should enterprises steer clear of Dropbox?
- Should password policies cover users' third-party apps?
- NoSQL security vs. RDBMS security
- Limit personal info to reduce OOO message security risk
- Prevent SQL injection attacks on user input fields
- How serious are recent MySQL zero-day vulnerabilities?
- How Windows 8 ELAM helps secure the boot process
- Has application whitelisting supplanted blacklisting?
- Can enterprises trust Adobe software with sandboxing?