Michael Cobb, CISSP-ISSAP, is a renowned security author with more than 15 years of experience in the IT industry and another 16 years of experience in finance. He is the founder and managing director of Cobweb Applications Ltd., a consultancy that helps companies to secure their networks and websites, and also helps them achieve ISO 27001 certification. He co-authored the book IIS Security and has written numerous technical articles for leading IT publications. Michael is also a Microsoft Certified Database Administrator and a Microsoft Certified Professional.
Do you have a question for our experts?
Contributions from Michael Cobb, Application Security
- Patch management: Fast rollouts vs. thorough testing
- DO OS X endpoints need special AV software?
- How to erase browser history
- Fight against phishing with SPF and DKIM authentication
- Service Pack 1 for Windows 7: What you need to know
- Setting the bar for cross-site scripting prevention
- Symmetric key encryption algorithms
- Is laptop remote wipe technology essential?
- Is IE9 now the most secure browser available?
- PHP programming security best practices
- How to mitigate the risk of a TOCTTOU attack
- Exploring MAC and HMAC message authentication
- Using hop-by-hop encryption for email security
- Using Microsoft MSAT to find and fix vulnerabilities
- URL shortening security best practices
- Exploring behavioral monitoring for virtual platforms
- Pros & cons of Gmail Postini spam-filtering for SMBs
- Advice on free Web application vulnerability scanners
- How an IIS Web application pool boosts app security