Michael Cobb, CISSP-ISSAP, is a renowned security author with over 20 years of experience in the IT industry. He has a passion for making IT security best practices easier to understand and achievable. His website www.hairyitdog.com offers free security posters to raise employee awareness of the importance of safeguarding company and client data and of following good practices. He co-authored the book IIS Security and has written many technical articles for leading IT publications. Mike has also been a Microsoft Certified Database Manager and registered consultant with the CESG Listed Advisor Scheme (CLAS).
Do you have a question for our experts?
Contributions from Michael Cobb, Application Security
- How should enterprises react to Google privacy changes?
- Set up your own secure enterprise Android app store
- Primer: EU cookie compliance for U.S. enterprises
- Tackling SSL vulnerabilities for online transactions
- Mac enterprise security: Going beyond Mac malware scans
- Can Android virtual patching thwart malware attacks?
- Explaining how trusted and forged SSL certificates work
- Software security lifecycle: Gaining executive support?
- BIOS management best practices: Patches and Updates
- Dangerous apps: Should enterprises ban IE, Adobe?
- Exploring Google Chromebook security for the enterprise
- Secure software: Intro to free Microsoft security tools
- Penetration testing helps ensure a secure data store
- Addressing HP netbook security with webOS discontinued
- OpenStack: Pros and cons of open source cloud software
- Do WebKit exploits escalate risk of Web browser attack?
- SSL connections; pros and cons of web page delivery
- Securing applications with a network pen test
- OAuth 2.0: Pros and cons of using federation protoc
- Web application fingerprinting; new way to stop hackers