Michael Cobb, CISSP-ISSAP, is a renowned security author with over 20 years of experience in the IT industry. He has a passion for making IT security best practices easier to understand and achievable. His website www.hairyitdog.com offers free security posters to raise employee awareness of the importance of safeguarding company and client data and of following good practices. He co-authored the book IIS Security and has written many technical articles for leading IT publications. Mike has also been a Microsoft Certified Database Manager and registered consultant with the CESG Listed Advisor Scheme (CLAS).
Do you have a question for our experts?
Contributions from Michael Cobb, Application Security
- Verizon DBIR 2012: Key Web app security takeaways
- Understanding certificates and keys in C2B transactions
- The costs and benefits of Android GMA
- When should you enable or block silent updates?
- Tips on good Android lock patterns
- Five key controls to prevent data exfiltration
- Secure Web gateways: New features that matter
- Using the network to defend against Oracle TNS Listener
- Are enterprises unnecessarily paying for AV software?
- Are Kindle Fire, Silk browser too risky for businesses?
- How to improve enterprise BYOD security with AUAs
- Will HTML5 security be better than Flash?
- Will Microsoft's IE automatic updates cause problems?
- Does Firefox security now lag behind other browsers?
- Enterprise DAM implementation best practices
- Understanding the benefits and limitations of HTTPS
- Investigating issues with email forwarding security
- Web security standards to prevent cross-site scripting
- Tools for enterprise Windows security log analysis
- How should enterprises react to Google privacy changes?