This page is part of a Security School lesson, featuring a selection of expert technical content on this topic. Explore more in this school:
7. - About the expert: Read more in this section
- Michael Cobb, Application Security
Explore other sections in this guide:
- 1. - What are malicious mobile apps, and what can IT do about them?
- 2. - The latest on malicious mobile apps
- 3. - Are malicious mobile apps just a mere inconvenience?
Michael Cobb, CISSP-ISSAP, is a renowned security author with over 20 years of experience in the IT industry. He has a passion for making IT security best practices easier to understand and achievable. His website www.hairyitdog.com offers free security posters to raise employee awareness of the importance of safeguarding company and client data and of following good practices. He co-authored the book IIS Security and has written many technical articles for leading IT publications. Mike has also been a Microsoft Certified Database Manager and registered consultant with the CESG Listed Advisor Scheme (CLAS).
Do you have a question for our experts?
Contributions from Michael Cobb, Application Security
- Limit personal info to reduce OOO message security risk
- Prevent SQL injection attacks on user input fields
- How serious are recent MySQL zero-day vulnerabilities?
- How Windows 8 ELAM helps secure the boot process
- Has application whitelisting supplanted blacklisting?
- Can enterprises trust Adobe software with sandboxing?
- Does 'Binging it' lead to more search engine poisoning?
- Privacy lessons learned from Microsoft SLA changes
- A step-by-step targeted attack protection plan
- Quiz: Targeted attacks
- Assessing the security features of Windows Phone 8
- Patch management on a budget? Try virtual patching
- Will a bootkit thwart the security of Windows 8 UEFI?
- Making security preparations for Windows RT devices
- Analysis: Danger posed by Apple UDID security leak
- Reexamine Windows password hints in security policies
- How to prepare for the eventual arrival of SHA-3
- Windows Server 2012 security: What to expect
- Windows 8 security: What to expect; how to prepare
- iOS Security Guide: What is Apple's stance on security?