This page is part of a Security School lesson, featuring a selection of expert technical content on this topic. Explore more in this school:
7. - About the expert: Read more in this section
- Michael Cobb, Application Security
Explore other sections in this guide:
- 1. - What are malicious mobile apps, and what can IT do about them?
- 2. - The latest on malicious mobile apps
- 3. - Are malicious mobile apps just a mere inconvenience?
Michael Cobb, CISSP-ISSAP, is a renowned security author with over 20 years of experience in the IT industry. He has a passion for making IT security best practices easier to understand and achievable. His website www.hairyitdog.com offers free security posters to raise employee awareness of the importance of safeguarding company and client data and of following good practices. He co-authored the book IIS Security and has written many technical articles for leading IT publications. Mike has also been a Microsoft Certified Database Manager and registered consultant with the CESG Listed Advisor Scheme (CLAS).
Do you have a question for our experts?
Contributions from Michael Cobb, Application Security
- How to prepare for the eventual arrival of SHA-3
- Windows Server 2012 security: What to expect
- Windows 8 security: What to expect; how to prepare
- iOS Security Guide: What is Apple's stance on security?
- Skype security concerns: What are your options?
- Quiz: Choosing a Web security gateway
- Is gTLD security in question as applications rise?
- Aid, don't replace, secure coding practices with WAFs
- Should screen timeouts be part of your BYOD strategy?
- How to properly implement a Web security gateway
- SAP security overview: How to deal with SSRF attacks
- Analysis: Surface tablet up for BYOD security challenge
- Establish device requirements in BYOD security policy
- How to harden Macs against Flashback-style malware
- How attackers use statistics to enhance attacks
- What's needed to secure Windows 8 BYOD tablets?
- Verizon DBIR 2012: Key Web app security takeaways
- Understanding certificates and keys in C2B transactions
- The costs and benefits of Android GMA
- When should you enable or block silent updates?