Michael Cobb, CISSP-ISSAP, is a renowned security author with over 20 years of experience in the IT industry. He has a passion for making IT security best practices easier to understand and achievable. His website www.hairyitdog.com offers free security posters to raise employee awareness of the importance of safeguarding company and client data and of following good practices. He co-authored the book IIS Security and has written many technical articles for leading IT publications. Mike has also been a Microsoft Certified Database Manager and registered consultant with the CESG Listed Advisor Scheme (CLAS).
Do you have a question for our experts?
Contributions from Michael Cobb, Application Security
- A step-by-step targeted attack protection plan
- Quiz: Targeted attacks
- Assessing the security features of Windows Phone 8
- Patch management on a budget? Try virtual patching
- Will a bootkit thwart the security of Windows 8 UEFI?
- Making security preparations for Windows RT devices
- Analysis: Danger posed by Apple UDID security leak
- Reexamine Windows password hints in security policies
- How to prepare for the eventual arrival of SHA-3
- Windows Server 2012 security: What to expect
- Windows 8 security: What to expect; how to prepare
- iOS Security Guide: What is Apple's stance on security?
- Skype security concerns: What are your options?
- Quiz: Choosing a Web security gateway
- Is gTLD security in question as applications rise?
- Aid, don't replace, secure coding practices with WAFs
- Should screen timeouts be part of your BYOD strategy?
- How to properly implement a Web security gateway
- SAP security overview: How to deal with SSRF attacks
- Analysis: Surface tablet up for BYOD security challenge