Michael Cobb, CISSP-ISSAP, is a renowned security author with over 20 years of experience in the IT industry. He has a passion for making IT security best practices easier to understand and achievable. His website www.hairyitdog.com offers free security posters to raise employee awareness of the importance of safeguarding company and client data and of following good practices. He co-authored the book IIS Security and has written many technical articles for leading IT publications. Mike has also been a Microsoft Certified Database Manager and registered consultant with the CESG Listed Advisor Scheme (CLAS).
Do you have a question for our experts?
Contributions from Michael Cobb, Application Security
- Fight against phishing with SPF and DKIM authentication
- Service Pack 1 for Windows 7: What you need to know
- Setting the bar for cross-site scripting prevention
- Symmetric key encryption algorithms
- Is laptop remote wipe technology essential?
- Is IE9 now the most secure browser available?
- PHP programming security best practices
- How to mitigate the risk of a TOCTTOU attack
- Exploring MAC and HMAC message authentication
- Using hop-by-hop encryption for email security
- Using Microsoft MSAT to find and fix vulnerabilities
- URL shortening security best practices
- Exploring behavioral monitoring for virtual platforms
- Pros & cons of Gmail Postini spam-filtering for SMBs
- Advice on free Web application vulnerability scanners
- How an IIS Web application pool boosts app security
- Debug and test Web applications using Burp Proxy
- What is SQL Server Atlanta?
- Rating Windows 7 mobile device encryption