This page is part of a Security School lesson, featuring a selection of expert technical content on this topic. Explore more in this school:
7. - About the expert: Read more in this section
- Michael Cobb, Application Security
Explore other sections in this guide:
- 1. - What are malicious mobile apps, and what can IT do about them?
- 2. - The latest on malicious mobile apps
- 3. - Are malicious mobile apps just a mere inconvenience?
Michael Cobb, CISSP-ISSAP, is a renowned security author with over 20 years of experience in the IT industry. He has a passion for making IT security best practices easier to understand and achievable. His website www.hairyitdog.com offers free security posters to raise employee awareness of the importance of safeguarding company and client data and of following good practices. He co-authored the book IIS Security and has written many technical articles for leading IT publications. Mike has also been a Microsoft Certified Database Manager and registered consultant with the CESG Listed Advisor Scheme (CLAS).
Do you have a question for our experts?
Contributions from Michael Cobb, Application Security
- Are enterprises unnecessarily paying for AV software?
- Are Kindle Fire, Silk browser too risky for businesses?
- How to improve enterprise BYOD security with AUAs
- Will HTML5 security be better than Flash?
- Will Microsoft's IE automatic updates cause problems?
- Does Firefox security now lag behind other browsers?
- Enterprise DAM implementation best practices
- Understanding the benefits and limitations of HTTPS
- Investigating issues with email forwarding security
- Web security standards to prevent cross-site scripting
- Tools for enterprise Windows security log analysis
- How should enterprises react to Google privacy changes?
- Set up your own secure enterprise Android app store
- Primer: EU cookie compliance for U.S. enterprises
- Tackling SSL vulnerabilities for online transactions
- Mac enterprise security: Going beyond Mac malware scans
- Can Android virtual patching thwart malware attacks?
- Explaining how trusted and forged SSL certificates work
- Software security lifecycle: Gaining executive support?
- BIOS management best practices: Patches and Updates