This page is part of a Security School lesson, featuring a selection of expert technical content on this topic. Explore more in this school:
7. - About the expert: Read more in this section
- Michael Cobb, Application Security
Explore other sections in this guide:
- 1. - What are malicious mobile apps, and what can IT do about them?
- 2. - The latest on malicious mobile apps
- 3. - Are malicious mobile apps just a mere inconvenience?
Michael Cobb, CISSP-ISSAP, is a renowned security author with over 20 years of experience in the IT industry. He has a passion for making IT security best practices easier to understand and achievable. His website www.hairyitdog.com offers free security posters to raise employee awareness of the importance of safeguarding company and client data and of following good practices. He co-authored the book IIS Security and has written many technical articles for leading IT publications. Mike has also been a Microsoft Certified Database Manager and registered consultant with the CESG Listed Advisor Scheme (CLAS).
Do you have a question for our experts?
Contributions from Michael Cobb, Application Security
- BIOS management best practices: Patches and Updates
- Dangerous apps: Should enterprises ban IE, Adobe?
- Exploring Google Chromebook security for the enterprise
- Secure software: Intro to free Microsoft security tools
- Penetration testing helps ensure a secure data store
- Addressing HP netbook security with webOS discontinued
- OpenStack: Pros and cons of open source cloud software
- Do WebKit exploits escalate risk of Web browser attack?
- SSL connections; pros and cons of web page delivery
- Securing applications with a network pen test
- OAuth 2.0: Pros and cons of using federation protoc
- Web application fingerprinting; new way to stop hackers
- How to secure websites using the HSTS protocol
- How to choose application security tools
- Software testing methodologies: Dynamic versus static
- Which is the most secure Web browser?
- Firefox 4 vs. Firefox 5: Risks of delaying an upgrade
- Investing in your secure software development lifecycle
- Open source testing tools for Web applications
- What is a virtual directory?