Mike Rothman is President of independent research firm Securosis. His bold perspectives and
irreverent style are invaluable as companies determine effective strategies to grapple with the
dynamic security threatscape. Mike specializes in the "sexy" aspects of security, like protecting
networks and endpoints, security management, and compliance. After 20 years in and around security,
he’s one of the guys who “knows where the bodies are buried” in the security space. Mike published
“The Pragmatic CSO” in 2007 to introduce technically oriented security professionals to the nuances
of what is required to be a senior security professional. Securosis Blog
Contributions from Mike Rothman, Contributor
- Quiz: Endpoint security controls
- Fact or fiction: Endpoint threat protection controls
- Rethink defense-in-depth security model for BYOD
- SIEM best practices for advanced attack detection
- Choosing among antimalware tools: Final considerations
- Selecting antimalware products: Key vendor questions
- Choosing the best antimalware: Technical considerations
- Antimalware software: Business benefits and drawbacks
- Quiz: Using SIEM to improve security management
- The 100-day plan: Achieving success as a new security m
- What is the GISP certification and how does it compare to the CISSP certification?
- Using a QSA to write up a PCI DSS report on compliance (ROC)
- How can gap analysis be applied to the security SDLC?
- Learning the language of global compliance
- Comparing cheap security products and appliances to costly appliances
- What are some tips on protecting my security budget in a poor economy?
- How to get information security buy-in from the executi
- What value do research firms provide to their subscribing enterprises?
- What certificate offers the best ROI for an IT project manager?
- Is insider activity or outsider activity a bigger enterprise threat?