Steven Weil, CISSP, CISA, CISM, CRISC, CBCP, QSA, is currently a senior security auditor with Coalfire Systems, Inc. With more than 17 years of experience, Steve has provided regulatory compliance and audit services to a wide variety of organizations including government agencies, hospitals, universities, small businesses and large enterprises.
With his background as a systems administrator, security consultant and network architect, Steve has a strong understanding of both the strategic and tactical aspects of information security. Steve has significant hands-on experience with a number of security controls, operating systems and applications.
Steve has a master's degree in Information Science from the University of Washington.
Contributions from Steven Weil, Contributor
- Don't fear the auditor: Four keys to a successful infosec audit
- PCI QSA analysis: PCI DSS 3.0 is a step forward
- Product review: CodeArmor 2.2 for Microsoft .NET
- Product review: eEye Digital Security's Blink Professional 3.0
- Review: eGuardPost a B+ overall
- Product review: e-DMZ Security's eGuardPost
- Review: Deep Security is a solid IPS
- Host-Based IPS
- Security Device Testing
- Review: Imperfections aside, TACS v3.1.1 is viable
- Authentication: TriCipher Armored Credential System v3.1.1
- New version of Enterprise Threat Shield halts spyware
- Antispyware: SurfControl's Enterprise Threat Shield 3.0
- VirusScan Enterprise 8.0
- Avinti iSolation Server 1.1
- Sizing up Symark's password management system
- Password Security
- Caymas 318 Access Gateway v2.5.1simplifies protection
- Checklist: How to avoid phishing hooks
- Access Control