Looking for something else?
The CISO (chief information security officer) is a senior-level executive responsible for aligning security initiatives with enterprise programs and business objectives, ensuring that information assets and technologies are adequately protected.
The CISO's responsibilities have shifted from over the years from general security to identifying, developing, implementing and maintaining security-related processes that reduce the organization's operational risks. Duties and responsibilities may include:
- Establishing and implementing security-related policies.
- Overseeing regulatory compliance.
- Ensuring data privacy.
- Managing the company's Computer Security Incident Response Team.
- Supervising identity and access management.
- Establishing and overseeing the organization's security architecture.
- Conducting electronic discovery and digital forensic investigations.
- Working with other high-level executives to establish disaster recovery (DR) and business continuity plans.
Related executive-level job titles include chief security officer (CSO), chief security architect (CSA) and information security manager (ISM).