Looking for something else?
The Certified Information Systems Security Professional (CISSP) is an information security certification that was developed by the International InformationSystems Security Certification Consortium, also known as (ISC)².
The Certified Information Systems Security Professional (CISSP) exam is designed to ensure that someone handling computer security for a company or client has mastered a standardized body of knowledge. The six-hour exam, which asks 250 questions, certifies security professionals in ten different areas:
- Access control systems and methodology
- Application and systems development security
- Business continuity planning & disaster recovery planning
- Law, investigation, and ethics
- Operations security
- Physical security
- Security architecture and models
- Security management practices
- Telecommunications and networking security
The exam is designed for professionals with a minimum of 3-5 years of experience.
Continue Reading About Certified Information Systems Security Professional (CISSP)
- SearchSecurityChannel.com created a CISSP Study Guide, including a podcast that explains the 10 domains of the exam.