Ed Skoudis is the founder of Counter Hack, an information security training organization, and a SANS fellow. He previously was founder and Senior Security Consultant with InGuardians, a Washington, DC-based information security consulting firm. His expertise includes information security attacks and defenses, the information security industry, and computer privacy issues. He has performed numerous security assessments, designed information security governance and operations teams for Fortune 500 companies, and responded to computer attacks for clients in financial, high technology, health care, and other industries. Ed conducted a demonstration of hacker techniques against financial institutions for the U.S. Senate and is a frequent speaker on issues associated with hacker tools and defenses. In addition to Counter Hack Reloaded, Ed is also the author of Malware: Fighting Malicious Code. He was also awarded 2004, 2005, and 2006 Microsoft MVP awards for Windows Server Security, and is an alumnus of the Honeynet Project. Previous to InGuardians, Ed served as a security consultant with International Network Services (INS), Predictive Systems, Global Integrity, SAIC, and Bell Communications Research (Bellcore).
Do you have a question for our experts?
Contributions from Ed Skoudis, Contributor
- Should a rise in text message spam be expected?
- Can network behavior anomaly detection (NBAD) products stop rootkits?
- Who's fighting the spyware operators?
- What is a logic bomb?
- Are encryption products better than self-destructing data?
- Windows Vista security flaws show progress, not perfect
- Can a certificate authority be trusted?
- Will disabling thumb drives affect keyboard and mouse functions?
- Should USB token data be copied to a hidden directory called 'IEDW?'
- Is it possible to prevent email forwarding?
- How vulnerable are network printers?
- Can service providers prevent DDoS attacks?
- How can hackers bypass proxy servers?
- How can attackers exploit RSS software flaws?
- Why can't antimalware tools scan inside virtual machines?
- Will the botnet threat continue?
- Polymorphic viruses call for new antimalware defenses.
- What are the risks of social networking sites?
- What are common kinds of mobile spyware?
- What tools can remove rookits or prevent their installation?