Joel Dubin is no longer answering questions for SearchSecurity.com.
Joel Dubin, CISSP, is an independent computer security consultant based in Chicago. He specializes in Web and application security and is the author of the recently released book The Little Black Book of Computer Security available from Amazon. In January 2006, Joel was named a Microsoft Most Valuable Professional (MVP).
Also by Joel Dubin
Do you have a question for our experts?
Contributions from Joel Dubin, past SearchSecurity.com expert
- Is there any policy or regulation to help protect biometric data?
- What challenges arise when designing a logging mechanism for peer-to-peer networks?
- Is the use of digital certificates with passwords considered two-factor authentication?
- Creating a personal digital certificate
- What's the best way to verify client authentication across unrelated Web servers?
- How to test an enterprise single sign-on login
- Is there an identity management software product for audit and analysis?
- How secure is the Chip and PIN card system?
- Is a digital watermark a legitimate authentication factor?
- What is the purpose of CAPTCHA technology?
- Are knowledge-based authentication systems doing more harm than good?
- How should termination procedures address a user's multiple roles?
- How to verify 140-2 (FIPS 140-2) compliance
- Using privacy filters to guard computer screens
- Can ADFS technology manage multiple-user authentication?
- What are the best ways to block proxy server sites?
- Will the costliness of PKI architectures prevent their growth?
- How to implement IIS authentication settings
- What's the harm in removing the RFID chip in credit cards?
- Will biometric authentication replace the password?