Joel Dubin is no longer answering questions for SearchSecurity.com.
Joel Dubin, CISSP, is an independent computer security consultant based in Chicago. He specializes in Web and application security and is the author of the recently released book The Little Black Book of Computer Security available from Amazon. In January 2006, Joel was named a Microsoft Most Valuable Professional (MVP).
Also by Joel Dubin
Do you have a question for our experts?
Contributions from Joel Dubin, past SearchSecurity.com expert
- What challenges arise when designing a logging mechanism for peer-to-peer networks?
- What are the best security practices for securing sensitive data on PDAs?
- Is the use of digital certificates with passwords considered two-factor authentication?
- What's the best way to verify client authentication across unrelated Web servers?
- How to test an enterprise single sign-on login
- Creating a personal digital certificate
- Is there an identity management software product for audit and analysis?
- How secure is the Chip and PIN card system?
- Are knowledge-based authentication systems doing more harm than good?
- What is the purpose of CAPTCHA technology?
- Is a digital watermark a legitimate authentication factor?
- How should termination procedures address a user's multiple roles?
- How to verify 140-2 (FIPS 140-2) compliance
- Using privacy filters to guard computer screens
- Can ADFS technology manage multiple-user authentication?
- What are the best ways to block proxy server sites?
- How to implement IIS authentication settings
- Will the costliness of PKI architectures prevent their growth?
- What is the harm in removing a credit card's RFID chip?
- Will biometric authentication replace the password?