Joel Dubin is no longer answering questions for SearchSecurity.com.
Joel Dubin, CISSP, is an independent computer security consultant based in Chicago. He specializes in Web and application security and is the author of the recently released book The Little Black Book of Computer Security available from Amazon. In January 2006, Joel was named a Microsoft Most Valuable Professional (MVP).
Also by Joel Dubin
Do you have a question for our experts?
Contributions from Joel Dubin, past SearchSecurity.com expert
- Will biometric authentication replace the password?
- What should be considered when purchasing an authentication product?
- How does a privacy seal protect an ecommerce Web site?
- Do privacy regulations protect biometrics information?
- How will HSPD-12 affect authentication?
- What tools can limit users' acess to applications and network resources?
- What available management software can centralize access control to Web applications?
- What are a call center's authentication options when seeking FFIEC compliance?
- How to begin identity management and access control implementation
- Access control management strategy essentials
- How do role-based access control methods authorize user accounts?
- Should an enterprise change administrator rights to accomodate new users?
- What are the criteria for a strong authentication system?
- How do local identity, SSO and federated identity management models differ?
- How to safely issue passwords to new users
- What is the best authentication method for protecting an online banking site?
- What components should an application security management system (ASMS) have?
- What are the best authentication tools for locking down a laptop?
- How should we distribute our unique firewall password to our clients?
- Which public key algorithm is used for encrypting emails?