Joel Dubin is no longer answering questions for SearchSecurity.com.
Joel Dubin, CISSP, is an independent computer security consultant based in Chicago. He specializes in Web and application security and is the author of the recently released book The Little Black Book of Computer Security available from Amazon. In January 2006, Joel was named a Microsoft Most Valuable Professional (MVP).
Also by Joel Dubin
Do you have a question for our experts?
Contributions from Joel Dubin, past SearchSecurity.com expert
- Is a privacy seal useful for an ecommerce Web site?
- How does a privacy seal protect an ecommerce Web site?
- What should be considered when purchasing an authentication product?
- Do privacy regulations protect biometrics information?
- What tools can limit users' acess to applications and network resources?
- How will HSPD-12 affect authentication?
- How to begin identity management and access control implementation
- What are a call center's authentication options when seeking FFIEC compliance?
- What available management software can centralize access control to Web applications?
- Access control management strategy essentials
- How do role-based access control methods authorize user accounts?
- Should an enterprise change administrator rights to accomodate new users?
- What are the criteria for a strong authentication system?
- How do local identity, SSO and federated identity management models differ?
- What is the best authentication method for protecting an online banking site?
- What components should an application security management system (ASMS) have?
- What are the best authentication tools for locking down a laptop?
- How to safely issue passwords to new users
- How should we distribute our unique firewall password to our clients?
- Which public key algorithm is used for encrypting emails?