Joel Dubin is no longer answering questions for SearchSecurity.com.
Joel Dubin, CISSP, is an independent computer security consultant based in Chicago. He specializes in Web and application security and is the author of the recently released book The Little Black Book of Computer Security available from Amazon. In January 2006, Joel was named a Microsoft Most Valuable Professional (MVP).
Also by Joel Dubin
Do you have a question for our experts?
Contributions from Joel Dubin, past SearchSecurity.com expert
- What's the best way to verify client authentication across unrelated Web servers?
- Is there an identity management software product for audit and analysis?
- Is a digital watermark a legitimate authentication factor?
- How secure is the Chip and PIN card system?
- What is the purpose of CAPTCHA technology?
- Are knowledge-based authentication systems doing more harm than good?
- How should termination procedures address a user's multiple roles?
- How to verify 140-2 (FIPS 140-2) compliance
- Using privacy filters to guard computer screens
- Can ADFS technology manage multiple-user authentication?
- What are the best ways to block proxy server sites?
- How to implement IIS authentication settings
- Will the costliness of PKI architectures prevent their growth?
- What is the harm in removing a credit card's RFID chip?
- Is a privacy seal useful for an ecommerce Web site?
- How does a privacy seal protect an ecommerce Web site?
- What should be considered when purchasing an authentication product?
- Will biometric authentication replace the password?
- Do privacy regulations protect biometrics information?
- What tools can limit users' acess to applications and network resources?