Joel Dubin is no longer answering questions for SearchSecurity.com.
Joel Dubin, CISSP, is an independent computer security consultant based in Chicago. He specializes in Web and application security and is the author of the recently released book The Little Black Book of Computer Security available from Amazon. In January 2006, Joel was named a Microsoft Most Valuable Professional (MVP).
Also by Joel Dubin
Do you have a question for our experts?
Contributions from Joel Dubin, past SearchSecurity.com expert
- How does single sign-on affect compliance efforts?
- Extending SSO outside the company: Is it worth the risk?
- RFID tags: Do they have a secure future?
- Risk-based authentication vs. static authentication
- What steps are involved in assessing risk?
- What is federated identity management?
- Should we use biometric authentication devices?
- One-time password tokens: Reliable authentication mechanisms?
- Password-protecting removable media devices
- How to manage user permissions
- Are smart cards tamper-proof?
- The pros and cons of PKI and two-factor authentication methods
- Should employees have local admin rights?
- Should an organization design and use their own Certification Authority?
- Data integrity authentication schemes.
- Authentication controls for systems using e-signatures
- How PKI systems work
- How SSOs differ from login and passwords
- How to securely distribute one-time password tokens
- Bingo card authentication systems