Joel Dubin is no longer answering questions for SearchSecurity.com.
Joel Dubin, CISSP, is an independent computer security consultant based in Chicago. He specializes in Web and application security and is the author of the recently released book The Little Black Book of Computer Security available from Amazon. In January 2006, Joel was named a Microsoft Most Valuable Professional (MVP).
Also by Joel Dubin
Do you have a question for our experts?
Contributions from Joel Dubin, past SearchSecurity.com expert
- How does single sign-on affect compliance efforts?
- RFID tags: Do they have a secure future?
- Extending SSO outside the company: Is it worth the risk?
- What steps are involved in assessing risk?
- Should we use biometric authentication devices?
- Risk-based authentication vs. static authentication
- What is federated identity management?
- Password-protecting removable media devices
- One-time password tokens: Reliable authentication mechanisms?
- How to manage user permissions
- Should employees have local admin rights?
- Are smart cards tamper-proof?
- The pros and cons of PKI and two-factor authentication methods
- Should an organization design and use their own Certification Authority?
- Data integrity authentication schemes.
- Authentication controls for systems using e-signatures
- How PKI systems work
- How SSOs differ from login and passwords
- How to securely distribute one-time password tokens
- Bingo card authentication systems