Joel Dubin is no longer answering questions for SearchSecurity.com.
Joel Dubin, CISSP, is an independent computer security consultant based in Chicago. He specializes in Web and application security and is the author of the recently released book The Little Black Book of Computer Security available from Amazon. In January 2006, Joel was named a Microsoft Most Valuable Professional (MVP).
Also by Joel Dubin
Do you have a question for our experts?
Contributions from Joel Dubin, past SearchSecurity.com expert
- What steps are involved in assessing risk?
- Risk-based authentication vs. static authentication
- Should we use biometric authentication devices?
- One-time password tokens: Reliable authentication mechanisms?
- Password-protecting removable media devices
- How to clean up dormant accounts in Active Directory
- How to improve Web access controls
- How to manage user permissions
- Should employees have local admin rights?
- The pros and cons of PKI and two-factor authentication methods
- Are smart cards tamper-proof?
- Should an organization design and use their own Certification Authority?
- Data integrity authentication schemes.
- Authentication controls for systems using e-signatures
- How PKI systems work
- How SSOs differ from login and passwords
- Bingo card authentication systems
- How to securely distribute one-time password tokens
- Dealing with passwords that can't authenticate to the server
- Password authentication resources