Joel Dubin is no longer answering questions for SearchSecurity.com.
Joel Dubin, CISSP, is an independent computer security consultant based in Chicago. He specializes in Web and application security and is the author of the recently released book The Little Black Book of Computer Security available from Amazon. In January 2006, Joel was named a Microsoft Most Valuable Professional (MVP).
Also by Joel Dubin
Do you have a question for our experts?
Contributions from Joel Dubin, past SearchSecurity.com expert
- What is federated identity management?
- Should we use biometric authentication devices?
- What steps are involved in assessing risk?
- How to improve Web access controls
- How to clean up dormant accounts in Active Directory
- One-time password tokens: Reliable authentication mechanisms?
- Password-protecting removable media devices
- How to manage user permissions
- Should employees have local admin rights?
- Are smart cards tamper-proof?
- The pros and cons of PKI and two-factor authentication methods
- Should an organization design and use their own Certification Authority?
- Data integrity authentication schemes.
- Authentication controls for systems using e-signatures
- How PKI systems work
- How SSOs differ from login and passwords
- Dealing with passwords that can't authenticate to the server
- How to securely distribute one-time password tokens
- Bingo card authentication systems
- Password authentication resources