Joel Dubin is no longer answering questions for SearchSecurity.com.
Joel Dubin, CISSP, is an independent computer security consultant based in Chicago. He specializes in Web and application security and is the author of the recently released book The Little Black Book of Computer Security available from Amazon. In January 2006, Joel was named a Microsoft Most Valuable Professional (MVP).
Also by Joel Dubin
Do you have a question for our experts?
Contributions from Joel Dubin, past SearchSecurity.com expert
- Securing Web logins
- How to detect rogue DHCP servers, routers and NICs on a network
- Complying with SOX 404
- Synching passwords between an iSeries and Windows network
- Changing user IDs and passwords
- How to build a user registration form
- How to create stronger passwords
- Fingerprinting logon techniques
- How IPsec and SSL/TLS use symmetric and asymmetric encryption
- How an attacker cracks a symmetric key-based system
- Verifying legitimate help desk requests
- How to store and protect captured data on the back end of a biometric application
- What is two-factor authentication?
- What is single sign-on?
- Penetrating a biometric security system
- Managing internal network devices
- Hacking smart cards and biometric security systems