This article is part of an Essential Guide, our editor-selected collection of our best articles, videos and other content on this topic. Explore more in this guide:
5. - Your questions answered: Read more in this section
- Mike Chapple, Enterprise Compliance
- Joseph Granneman, Security Management
Explore other sections in this guide:
Joseph Granneman is SearchSecurity.com's resident expert on information security management (click the tab "Ask a question" tab above to submit your question for Joe). He has more than 20 years of technology experience, primarily focused in health care information technology.
He is an active independent author and presenter in the health care information technology and information security fields. He is frequently consulted by the media and interviewed on various health care information technology and security topics. He has been focused on compliance and information security in cloud environments for the past decade with many different implementations in the medical and financial services industries.
Granneman has been active in many standards groups, including the developing the early frameworks for Health Information Exchange as part of the Health Information Security and Privacy Security Working Group for Illinois. He was also a volunteer for Certification Commission for Health Information Technology (CCHIT) Security Working Group, which developed the information security standards for ARRA certification of electronic medical records. He is currently a member of the Metropolitan Chicago Healthcare Council HIE Planning & Technology committee. He also continues to be involved in InfaGard and the Chicago Electronic Crimes Task Force. Granneman has a BS in Music Business from Millikin University and an MBA from Northern Illinois University.
Do you have a question for our experts?
Contributions from Joseph Granneman, Security Management
- How to measure security vendors' promises versus enterprise needs
- Security certification training: How to select the right program
- How much attention do insider threats actually warrant?
- Choosing the right IT security framework
- Decoding the mysteries of steganography
- Talking to execs: How to make a good first impression
- Best practices for choosing security software products
- The best way to study for the CISSP certification exam
- CASP certification: A mile wide and an inch deep
- Making sense of information security threat reports
- Positioning the ROI of information security
- Selling the CIO on secure software development
- IT security risk training for executives
- Making the most of SANS security awareness tools
- Getting funds for your information security budget
- When to opt for open source security tools
- How a security technologist can become a CISO
- What are the basic requirements to join an ISAC?