This article is part of an Essential Guide, our editor-selected collection of our best articles, videos and other content on this topic. Explore more in this guide:
5. - Your questions answered: Read more in this section
- Mike Chapple, Enterprise Compliance
- Joseph Granneman, Security Management
Explore other sections in this guide:
Mike Chapple, Ph. D., CISA, CISSP, is an IT security manager with the University of Notre Dame. He previously served as an information security researcher with the National Security Agency and the U.S. Air Force. Chapple is a frequent contributor to SearchSecurity.com, and serves as its resident expert on enterprise compliance, frameworks and standards for its Ask the Experts panel. He previously served as site expert on network security, is a technical editor for Information Security magazine and the author of several information security titles, including the CISSP Prep Guide and Information Security Illuminated.
See below for Mike's archive of advice on both compliance and network security. To submit a question for Mike, click on the "Ask a Question" tab above.
Do you have a question for our experts?
Contributions from Mike Chapple, Enterprise Compliance
- How to train employees in compliance awareness
- Open source tools to support PCI compliance
- Joining the Enhanced Cybersecurity Services program
- Web application security assessments for compliance
- How to use PCI DSS-compliant service providers wisely
- Why is PCI DSS requirement 11 so hard to meet?
- HIPAA Omnibus changes to business associate agreements
- Requirements for a PCI-compliant Web hosting company
- Can I skip PCI DSS compliance?
- How to train employees in regulatory compliance
- How to embrace a continuous compliance approach for HIPAA
- How did the 2013 update change the ISO 27001 standard?
- How PCI SSC-approved P2PE products help reduce compliance scope
- How Amazon payment processing reduces merchants' PCI requirements
- Does storing tokens instead of card data reduce the PCI burden?
- Tired of onerous compliance regulations? Try descoping
- Understanding of laws, obligations key to data privacy compliance
- Did Target violate PCI DSS with third-party software?
- Does ISO 27001 certification overlap with Safe Harbor compliance?
- How the Windows XP end-of-life date impacts PCI DSS compliance