This article is part of an Essential Guide, our editor-selected collection of our best articles, videos and other content on this topic. Explore more in this guide:
5. - Your questions answered: Read more in this section
- Mike Chapple, Enterprise Compliance
- Joseph Granneman, Security Management
Explore other sections in this guide:
Mike Chapple, Ph. D., CISA, CISSP, is an IT security manager with the University of Notre Dame. He previously served as an information security researcher with the National Security Agency and the U.S. Air Force. Chapple is a frequent contributor to SearchSecurity.com, and serves as its resident expert on enterprise compliance, frameworks and standards for its Ask the Experts panel. He previously served as site expert on network security, is a technical editor for Information Security magazine and the author of several information security titles, including the CISSP Prep Guide and Information Security Illuminated.
See below for Mike's archive of advice on both compliance and network security. To submit a question for Mike, click on the "Ask a Question" tab above.
Do you have a question for our experts?
Contributions from Mike Chapple, Enterprise Compliance
- Wireshark tutorial: How to sniff network traffic
- WEP to WPA: Wireless encryption in the wake of PCI DSS
- What warning signs will indicate the presence of a P2P botnet?
- What reporting tools are available for an enterprise IDS?
- How to patch Kaminsky's DNS vulnerability
- Ransomware: How to deal with advanced encryption algori
- Using Nessus Attack Scripting Language (NASL) to find a
- Allowing select access to IP addresses using Windows Server 2003
- Best practices for IDS creation and signature database maintenance
- Best practices for processing financial data through remote servers
- How to hide system information from network scanning software
- What are the security risks of opening all the ports on an internal router?
- How to install and configure Nessus
- How to run a Nessus system scan
- Nessus: Vulnerability scanning in the enterprise
- Network IPS: Is now the time?
- Will VoIP attacks result in more than just spam?
- Will Cisco's plan to open access to the IOS improve network security?
- Should organizations lag behind on IPv6 adoption?
- Should iPhone email be sent without SSL encryption?