This article is part of an Essential Guide, our editor-selected collection of our best articles, videos and other content on this topic. Explore more in this guide:
5. - Your questions answered: Read more in this section
- Mike Chapple, Enterprise Compliance
- Joseph Granneman, Security Management
Explore other sections in this guide:
Mike Chapple, Ph. D., CISA, CISSP, is an IT security manager with the University of Notre Dame. He previously served as an information security researcher with the National Security Agency and the U.S. Air Force. Chapple is a frequent contributor to SearchSecurity.com, and serves as its resident expert on enterprise compliance, frameworks and standards for its Ask the Experts panel. He previously served as site expert on network security, is a technical editor for Information Security magazine and the author of several information security titles, including the CISSP Prep Guide and Information Security Illuminated.
See below for Mike's archive of advice on both compliance and network security. To submit a question for Mike, click on the "Ask a Question" tab above.
Do you have a question for our experts?
Contributions from Mike Chapple, Enterprise Compliance
- How should I repair a firewall that cannot process HTTPS addresses?
- Can open ports increase LAN exposure?
- Does blogging pose enterprise information security risk
- How can I protect the sensitive information that resides on my laptop?
- What does O2Server port '1894' do and how does it affect our network security?
- How do we create a restrictive ruleset to manage our TCP ports?
- How to create shared services that two different parties can use
- Application proxy firewall features and functionalities
- Battling image spam
- Secure instant messaging in the enterprise
- Network security best practices
- How do circuit-level gateways and application-level gateways differ?
- How to configure and implement a DMZ
- How to recognize a Web site that uses Secure Electronic Transaction
- How do proxy servers and proxy firewalls differ?
- Application logging is critical in detecting hack attac
- Can you manage smartphones and Pocket PC phones using Windows Group Policy?
- Can Snort read multi-platform syslogs?
- Will wireless carriers adopt a device security philosophy?
- Evaluating the costs associated with securing, supporting and maintaining a VPN