This article is part of an Essential Guide, our editor-selected collection of our best articles, videos and other content on this topic. Explore more in this guide:
5. - Your questions answered: Read more in this section
- Mike Chapple, Enterprise Compliance
- Joseph Granneman, Security Management
Explore other sections in this guide:
Mike Chapple, Ph. D., CISA, CISSP, is an IT security manager with the University of Notre Dame. He previously served as an information security researcher with the National Security Agency and the U.S. Air Force. Chapple is a frequent contributor to SearchSecurity.com, and serves as its resident expert on enterprise compliance, frameworks and standards for its Ask the Experts panel. He previously served as site expert on network security, is a technical editor for Information Security magazine and the author of several information security titles, including the CISSP Prep Guide and Information Security Illuminated.
See below for Mike's archive of advice on both compliance and network security. To submit a question for Mike, click on the "Ask a Question" tab above.
Do you have a question for our experts?
Contributions from Mike Chapple, Enterprise Compliance
- Evaluating the costs associated with securing, supporting and maintaining a VPN
- Can Snort read multi-platform syslogs?
- Will wireless carriers adopt a device security philosophy?
- Can you manage smartphones and Pocket PC phones using Windows Group Policy?
- Extranet security strategy considerations
- Skype: Its dangers and how to protect against them
- How can I open a closed port so my application can access the Internet?
- Can a non-administrator change the local administrator password on 50 workstations?
- What is the best method to determine whether email messages are transmitted as clear text?
- Is it a common practice to deny/filter e-mails that contain files with macros?
- Is there a best practice for monitoring and detecting foreign wireless devices
- Google Desktop gets scarier
- Symantec's integrated security appliance a good fit
- RSS: The next malware target?
- Review: Configuresoft's enterprise manager even better
- Configuresoft's Enterprise Configuration Manager v4.7
- Websense Enterprise 5.5
- Review: SecureWave's device control deters data leakage
- How to choose a firewall
- Auditing firewall activity