This article is part of an Essential Guide, our editor-selected collection of our best articles, videos and other content on this topic. Explore more in this guide:
5. - Your questions answered: Read more in this section
- Mike Chapple, Enterprise Compliance
- Joseph Granneman, security management
Explore other sections in this guide:
Mike Chapple, Ph. D., CISA, CISSP, is an IT security manager with the University of Notre Dame. He previously served as an information security researcher with the National Security Agency and the U.S. Air Force. Chapple is a frequent contributor to SearchSecurity.com, and serves as its resident expert on enterprise compliance, frameworks and standards for its Ask the Experts panel. He previously served as site expert on network security, is a technical editor for Information Security magazine and the author of several information security titles, including the CISSP Prep Guide and Information Security Illuminated.
See below for Mike's archive of advice on both compliance and network security. To submit a question for Mike, click on the "Ask a Question" tab above.
Do you have a question for our experts?
Contributions from Mike Chapple, Enterprise Compliance
- New ASP.NET authentication options
- Avoiding change in security policies
- Understanding malware
- A lesson in digital signatures
- Vulnerability scanning with Nessus
- Who watches the watchers?
- What constitutes acceptable use?
- Banish .htaccess from Apache
- Cryptography basics for managers
- Wireless LAN intrusion detection
- Practical biometrics
- Intrusion Detection basics
- Free network security toolkit
- Wireless networking security policy
- Evaluating and tuning an IDS
- Securing Apache: Keeping patches current
- Brush up on personnel security
- Securing your home network
- Which key is which?
- DNS security