This article is part of an Essential Guide, our editor-selected collection of our best articles, videos and other content on this topic. Explore more in this guide:
5. - Your questions answered: Read more in this section
- Mike Chapple, Enterprise Compliance
- Joseph Granneman, Security Management
Explore other sections in this guide:
Mike Chapple, Ph. D., CISA, CISSP, is an IT security manager with the University of Notre Dame. He previously served as an information security researcher with the National Security Agency and the U.S. Air Force. Chapple is a frequent contributor to SearchSecurity.com, and serves as its resident expert on enterprise compliance, frameworks and standards for its Ask the Experts panel. He previously served as site expert on network security, is a technical editor for Information Security magazine and the author of several information security titles, including the CISSP Prep Guide and Information Security Illuminated.
See below for Mike's archive of advice on both compliance and network security. To submit a question for Mike, click on the "Ask a Question" tab above.
Do you have a question for our experts?
Contributions from Mike Chapple, Enterprise Compliance
- Placing systems in a firewall topology
- How to choose a firewall
- Auditing firewall activity
- How to block IM applications in the enterprise
- Corrent's SR110 SSL VPN Web Security Gateway with Check
- Deal with cross-site scripting
- Integrated content filtering
- Review: Eyeing a good antispyware deal
- Web security benchmarks
- Securing Apache: Keeping patches current
- Content Alarm 1.1
- eSafe 4.0
- Maximizing IDS/IPS implementations
- IIS vs. Apache: Which is the right security choice?
- How to detect and prevent keylogger attacks
- Corrent VPN 'connects' with Check Point software
- Get ready for IPv6: Five security issues to consider
- Corrent's SR110 SSL VPN Web Security Gateway
- Thwarting insider threats
- Bridging the gap