This article is part of an Essential Guide, our editor-selected collection of our best articles, videos and other content on this topic. Explore more in this guide:
5. - Your questions answered: Read more in this section
- Mike Chapple, Enterprise Compliance
- Joseph Granneman, security management
Explore other sections in this guide:
Mike Chapple, Ph. D., CISA, CISSP, is an IT security manager with the University of Notre Dame. He previously served as an information security researcher with the National Security Agency and the U.S. Air Force. Chapple is a frequent contributor to SearchSecurity.com, and serves as its resident expert on enterprise compliance, frameworks and standards for its Ask the Experts panel. He previously served as site expert on network security, is a technical editor for Information Security magazine and the author of several information security titles, including the CISSP Prep Guide and Information Security Illuminated.
See below for Mike's archive of advice on both compliance and network security. To submit a question for Mike, click on the "Ask a Question" tab above.
Do you have a question for our experts?
Contributions from Mike Chapple, Enterprise Compliance
- Complying with the new HIPAA Omnibus Rule
- PCI DSS prioritized approach to compliance
- Three simple rules for talking compliance with execs
- PCI compliance and third-party payment processors
- What to do when agents email credit card numbers
- How to address PCI compliance in the cloud
- Criteria for evaluating PCI consultants
- Social media compliance and security tips
- Compliance teams and the request for proposals process
- Security controls for the Foreign Corrupt Practices Act
- How to avoid disaster when devices are lost or stolen
- Managing security vulnerabilities with compliance
- Does ISO 27001 certification equal HIPAA compliance?
- Complying with the new HIPAA omnibus rule
- Why merchants still store unencrypted credit card data
- Is PCI SSC's QIR program a new audit requirement?
- HIPAA Security Rule and meaningful use rule differences
- Analysis of the PCI mobile payment security guidelines
- Turning security inside out
- Inside PCI DSS Risk Assessment Guidelines