This article is part of an Essential Guide, our editor-selected collection of our best articles, videos and other content on this topic. Explore more in this guide:
5. - Your questions answered: Read more in this section
- Mike Chapple, Enterprise Compliance
- Joseph Granneman, security management
Explore other sections in this guide:
Mike Chapple, Ph. D., CISA, CISSP, is an IT security manager with the University of Notre Dame. He previously served as an information security researcher with the National Security Agency and the U.S. Air Force. Chapple is a frequent contributor to SearchSecurity.com, and serves as its resident expert on enterprise compliance, frameworks and standards for its Ask the Experts panel. He previously served as site expert on network security, is a technical editor for Information Security magazine and the author of several information security titles, including the CISSP Prep Guide and Information Security Illuminated.
See below for Mike's archive of advice on both compliance and network security. To submit a question for Mike, click on the "Ask a Question" tab above.
Do you have a question for our experts?
Contributions from Mike Chapple, Enterprise Compliance
- Data center virtualization and the cost of compliance
- Web application firewalls: Best option for security?
- How to accept mobile payments and stay PCI compliant
- Streamlining the compliance review process
- Security vs. compliance: Is 'checkbox security' OK?
- How do I know if I need a GRC product?
- The effects of Visa's PCI compliance policy change
- Monitoring P2P activity by IP address
- Patent-infringing products: Too risky to purchase?
- Protecting your database with a triple-homed firewall
- How the JOBS Act affects SOX compliance requirements
- Can a cloud provider really manage your PCI compliance?
- Can poor password management harm PCI DSS compliance?
- Does reducing credit card data storage help compliance?
- How to prep for KPMG's HIPAA audit tidal wave
- How to protect against APT attacks
- Print-management software security risks
- Network topology best practices for security
- UTMs: Security efficiency or a failure risk?
- PCI compliance: Who can perform the SAQ?