This article is part of an Essential Guide, our editor-selected collection of our best articles, videos and other content on this topic. Explore more in this guide:
5. - Your questions answered: Read more in this section
- Mike Chapple, Enterprise Compliance
- Joseph Granneman, security management
Explore other sections in this guide:
Mike Chapple, Ph. D., CISA, CISSP, is an IT security manager with the University of Notre Dame. He previously served as an information security researcher with the National Security Agency and the U.S. Air Force. Chapple is a frequent contributor to SearchSecurity.com, and serves as its resident expert on enterprise compliance, frameworks and standards for its Ask the Experts panel. He previously served as site expert on network security, is a technical editor for Information Security magazine and the author of several information security titles, including the CISSP Prep Guide and Information Security Illuminated.
See below for Mike's archive of advice on both compliance and network security. To submit a question for Mike, click on the "Ask a Question" tab above.
Do you have a question for our experts?
Contributions from Mike Chapple, Enterprise Compliance
- Smartphone eavesdropping via keyboard vibrations
- Full-packet capture vs. capture network flow data
- Hardening network security to contain VoIP risks
- Wireless network security: Wireless vs. wired
- Pros and cons of point-to-point encryption
- Firewall network security: Thwarting advanced attacks
- Enterprise website encryption best practices
- The security implications of high DHCP churn
- Exploring the most secure remote access methods
- Detecting mobile devices on a wireless guest network
- Comparing enterprise endpoint security; Mac VS Windows
- Using file activity monitoring to track file access
- Next-gen firewall vs. UTM device: Which is better?
- Will independent review improve endoint products?
- Simple baseline network security metrics
- Network forensics basics: How to reconstruct a breach
- Wireless key security: Securing wireless networking
- UTM features: UTM device for layered defense?
- Quiz: Reinventing defense in depth
- How to change from WEP to WPA for PCI DSS compliance