This article is part of an Essential Guide, our editor-selected collection of our best articles, videos and other content on this topic. Explore more in this guide:
5. - Your questions answered: Read more in this section
- Mike Chapple, Enterprise Compliance
- Joseph Granneman, Security Management
Explore other sections in this guide:
Mike Chapple, Ph. D., CISA, CISSP, is an IT security manager with the University of Notre Dame. He previously served as an information security researcher with the National Security Agency and the U.S. Air Force. Chapple is a frequent contributor to SearchSecurity.com, and serves as its resident expert on enterprise compliance, frameworks and standards for its Ask the Experts panel. He previously served as site expert on network security, is a technical editor for Information Security magazine and the author of several information security titles, including the CISSP Prep Guide and Information Security Illuminated.
See below for Mike's archive of advice on both compliance and network security. To submit a question for Mike, click on the "Ask a Question" tab above.
Do you have a question for our experts?
Contributions from Mike Chapple, Enterprise Compliance
- How to prep for KPMG's HIPAA audit tidal wave
- How to protect against APT attacks
- Print-management software security risks
- Network topology best practices for security
- UTMs: Security efficiency or a failure risk?
- PCI compliance: Who can perform the SAQ?
- Thwarting Telnet security risks
- Change default RDP port for virus protection?
- Is it possible to prevent DDoS attacks?
- Managed mobility services: Benefits of MDM in the cloud
- Keys to a Windows 7 upgrade project plan
- Metadata security and preventing leakage of information
- Quiz: Network content monitoring must-haves
- Considerations for cloud endpoint security
- Smartphone eavesdropping via keyboard vibrations
- Full-packet capture vs. capture network flow data
- Hardening network security to contain VoIP risks
- Wireless network security: Wireless vs. wired
- Pros and cons of point-to-point encryption
- Firewall network security: Thwarting advanced attacks