This article is part of an Essential Guide, our editor-selected collection of our best articles, videos and other content on this topic. Explore more in this guide:
5. - Your questions answered: Read more in this section
- Mike Chapple, Enterprise Compliance
- Joseph Granneman, security management
Explore other sections in this guide:
Mike Chapple, Ph. D., CISA, CISSP, is an IT security manager with the University of Notre Dame. He previously served as an information security researcher with the National Security Agency and the U.S. Air Force. Chapple is a frequent contributor to SearchSecurity.com, and serves as its resident expert on enterprise compliance, frameworks and standards for its Ask the Experts panel. He previously served as site expert on network security, is a technical editor for Information Security magazine and the author of several information security titles, including the CISSP Prep Guide and Information Security Illuminated.
See below for Mike's archive of advice on both compliance and network security. To submit a question for Mike, click on the "Ask a Question" tab above.
Do you have a question for our experts?
Contributions from Mike Chapple, Enterprise Compliance
- Detecting mobile devices on a wireless guest network
- Comparing enterprise endpoint security; Mac VS Windows
- Using file activity monitoring to track file access
- Next-gen firewall vs. UTM device: Which is better?
- Will independent review improve endoint products?
- Simple baseline network security metrics
- Network forensics basics: How to reconstruct a breach
- Wireless key security: Securing wireless networking
- How to find a real IP address using proxy server logs
- UTM features: UTM device for layered defense?
- Quiz: Reinventing defense in depth
- How to change from WEP to WPA for PCI DSS compliance
- Data encryption methods: Securing emerging endpoints
- Aligning network security with business priorities
- How to set up a split-tunnel VPN in Windows Vista
- What is the difference between static and dynamic network validation?
- Port scan attack prevention best practices
- Network access control technology: Over-hyped or underu
- Securing the intranet with remote access VPN security
- How to prevent network sniffing and eavesdropping