This article is part of an Essential Guide, our editor-selected collection of our best articles, videos and other content on this topic. Explore more in this guide:
5. - Your questions answered: Read more in this section
- Mike Chapple, Enterprise Compliance
- Joseph Granneman, Security Management
Explore other sections in this guide:
Mike Chapple, Ph. D., CISA, CISSP, is an IT security manager with the University of Notre Dame. He previously served as an information security researcher with the National Security Agency and the U.S. Air Force. Chapple is a frequent contributor to SearchSecurity.com, and serves as its resident expert on enterprise compliance, frameworks and standards for its Ask the Experts panel. He previously served as site expert on network security, is a technical editor for Information Security magazine and the author of several information security titles, including the CISSP Prep Guide and Information Security Illuminated.
See below for Mike's archive of advice on both compliance and network security. To submit a question for Mike, click on the "Ask a Question" tab above.
Do you have a question for our experts?
Contributions from Mike Chapple, Enterprise Compliance
- How to implement virtual firewalls in a complex network infrastructure
- How to manage network bandwidth with distributed ISP bandwidth
- How to edit group policy objects to give a user local admin rights
- How to prevent operating system cloning with AES 256-bit encryption
- How to securely connect a LAN POS to a remote point-of-sale device
- How to select a set of network security audit guidelines
- What are best practices for fiber optic cable security?
- What is the difference between a VPN and remote control?
- A short enterprise VPN deployment guide
- Configuring access control lists
- Should enterprises be running multiple firewalls?
- What are the disadvantages of proxy-based firewalls?
- How to prevent a denial-of-service (DoS) attack
- How to create secure Windows FTP automation
- The top 5 network security practices
- Creating an SSL connection between servers
- Comparing an application proxy firewall and a gateway server firewall
- Enterprise UTM security: The best threat management sol
- How to set up a DMZ
- IPS and IDS deployment strategies