This article is part of an Essential Guide, our editor-selected collection of our best articles, videos and other content on this topic. Explore more in this guide:
5. - Your questions answered: Read more in this section
- Mike Chapple, Enterprise Compliance
- Joseph Granneman, Security Management
Explore other sections in this guide:
Mike Chapple, Ph. D., CISA, CISSP, is an IT security manager with the University of Notre Dame. He previously served as an information security researcher with the National Security Agency and the U.S. Air Force. Chapple is a frequent contributor to SearchSecurity.com, and serves as its resident expert on enterprise compliance, frameworks and standards for its Ask the Experts panel. He previously served as site expert on network security, is a technical editor for Information Security magazine and the author of several information security titles, including the CISSP Prep Guide and Information Security Illuminated.
See below for Mike's archive of advice on both compliance and network security. To submit a question for Mike, click on the "Ask a Question" tab above.
Do you have a question for our experts?
Contributions from Mike Chapple, Enterprise Compliance
- How to prevent DDoS attacks on websites
- How to configure firewall ports for webmail system implementation
- How to create a secure network through a shared Internet connection
- How to set up a corporate cell phone management strategy
- How to secure SSL following new man-in-the-middle SSL attacks
- How to check for attack data on network logs without SIMs
- How do I transition to a career in IT security?
- The case against UTM: Is there a better alternative?
- How to estimate log generation rates
- What are the best network security books?
- Should the government reduce its external Internet connections?
- What is most misunderstood about EV SSL certificates?
- What are the security risks of opening port 110 and port 25?
- How can mobile device data be lost on a peer-to-peer (P2P) network?
- When should a database application be placed in a DMZ?
- Securing services that allow end users to retrieve forgotten passwords
- Network security 2009 trends: Mergers, security budget
- What is the cause of an 'intrusion attempt' message?
- Front-end/back-end firewalls vs. chassis-based firewalls
- How to configure a firewall to communicate with an upstream router