This page is part of a Security School lesson, featuring a selection of expert technical content on this topic. Explore more in this school:
5. - About the expert: Read more in this section
- Mike Rothman, Contributor
Explore other sections in this guide:
Mike Rothman is President and Principal Analyst of Securosis, an independent information security research firm. Having spent more than 15 years as an advocate for global enterprises and mid-sized businesses, Mike's role is to educate and stimulate thought-provoking discussion on how information security contributes to core business imperatives.
Prior to Securosis, Mike was the founder of boutique consultancy Security Incite, was the first network security analyst at META Group and held executive level positions with CipherTrust, TruSecure, and was a founder of SHYM Technology. Mike is a frequent contributor for TechTarget and a highly regarded speaker on information security topics. Keep track of Mike's musings via The Daily Incite newsletter.
Do you have a question for our experts?
Contributions from Mike Rothman, Contributor
- Quiz: Endpoint security controls
- Fact or fiction: Endpoint threat protection controls
- Rethink defense-in-depth security model for BYOD
- SIEM best practices for advanced attack detection
- Choosing among antimalware tools: Final considerations
- Selecting antimalware products: Key vendor questions
- Choosing the best antimalware: Technical considerations
- Antimalware software: Business benefits and drawbacks
- Quiz: Using SIEM to improve security management
- The 100-day plan: Achieving success as a new security m
- What is the GISP certification and how does it compare to the CISSP certification?
- Using a QSA to write up a PCI DSS report on compliance (ROC)
- How can gap analysis be applied to the security SDLC?
- Learning the language of global compliance
- Comparing cheap security products and appliances to costly appliances
- What are some tips on protecting my security budget in a poor economy?
- How to get information security buy-in from the executi
- What value do research firms provide to their subscribing enterprises?
- What certificate offers the best ROI for an IT project manager?
- Is insider activity or outsider activity a bigger enterprise threat?