This page is part of a Security School lesson, featuring a selection of expert technical content on this topic. Explore more in this school:
5. - About the expert: Read more in this section
- Mike Rothman, Contributor
Explore other sections in this guide:
Mike Rothman is President and Principal Analyst of Securosis, an independent information security research firm. Having spent more than 15 years as an advocate for global enterprises and mid-sized businesses, Mike's role is to educate and stimulate thought-provoking discussion on how information security contributes to core business imperatives.
Prior to Securosis, Mike was the founder of boutique consultancy Security Incite, was the first network security analyst at META Group and held executive level positions with CipherTrust, TruSecure, and was a founder of SHYM Technology. Mike is a frequent contributor for TechTarget and a highly regarded speaker on information security topics. Keep track of Mike's musings via The Daily Incite newsletter.
Do you have a question for our experts?
Contributions from Mike Rothman, Contributor
- How does information security prevent fraud in the enterprise?
- What does the future of the endpoint encryption market look like?
- Differences between an SAS 70 data center and a Tier III data center
- Are independent researchers out for fame?
- Security certifications: Are they worth the trouble?
- Would you recommend SANS Institute security training?
- What vendors would you recommend for software write-blockers?
- How to look past information security vendor rhetoric
- What can be done to keep students from becoming cybercriminals?
- Is there a published standard or guideline for system hardening?
- Getting business units to contribute to an information security policy
- Best practices for managing DNS, knowing it's anything but trustworthy
- Is the Orange Book still relevant for assessing security controls?
- Who has rights to patient information under HIPAA?
- What are the best business practices for Unix audit settings?
- How can we convince our VP that a network-based DLP makes sense?
- How can a Certified Ethical Hacker become a line penetration tester?
- Is it worthwhile for an organization to invest in HIPAA compliance?
- Learn from NIST: Best practices in security program man
- What are the top five concepts or lessons on security management?