This page is part of a Security School lesson, featuring a selection of expert technical content on this topic. Explore more in this school:
5. - About the expert: Read more in this section
- Mike Rothman, Contributor
Explore other sections in this guide:
Mike Rothman is President and Principal Analyst of Securosis, an independent information security research firm. Having spent more than 15 years as an advocate for global enterprises and mid-sized businesses, Mike's role is to educate and stimulate thought-provoking discussion on how information security contributes to core business imperatives.
Prior to Securosis, Mike was the founder of boutique consultancy Security Incite, was the first network security analyst at META Group and held executive level positions with CipherTrust, TruSecure, and was a founder of SHYM Technology. Mike is a frequent contributor for TechTarget and a highly regarded speaker on information security topics. Keep track of Mike's musings via The Daily Incite newsletter.
Do you have a question for our experts?
Contributions from Mike Rothman, Contributor
- How can organizations secure implanted microchips and RFID tags?
- Any recommendations for recruiting information security pros?
- During a breach, how much information should be given out?
- What's the best way to get started mapping business processes to security frameworks?
- I am concerned that a former employee will utilize corporate information in a malicious way.
- Is it necessary to grant a full administrative privileges to a security administrator?
- Penetration testing: Helping your compliance efforts
- Is it important to hold fraud-training sessions during a fraud-risk analysis?
- My computer's serial number was reported stolen. Will I face legal repercussions?
- What criteria should I look for in a service provider to help my government agency comply with FISMA
- What are the possible benefits of microchip implants and RFID tags for employees?
- Worst practices: Recognizing the biggest compliance mis
- Is it against HIPAA regulations to permanently store sensitive information?
- Two-tier distributed systems vs. three-tier distributed systems
- How to prevent software piracy
- Does SOX provision email archiving?
- How would you meet PCI requirement 2.3 when it comes to terminal service or RDP sessions?
- Incident response success in five quick steps
- Is it against HIPAA regulations to print SSNs on an insurance card?
- How would you define the responsibilities of a data custodian in a bank?