This page is part of a Security School lesson, featuring a selection of expert technical content on this topic. Explore more in this school:
5. - About the expert: Read more in this section
- Mike Rothman, Contributor
Explore other sections in this guide:
Mike Rothman is President and Principal Analyst of Securosis, an independent information security research firm. Having spent more than 15 years as an advocate for global enterprises and mid-sized businesses, Mike's role is to educate and stimulate thought-provoking discussion on how information security contributes to core business imperatives.
Prior to Securosis, Mike was the founder of boutique consultancy Security Incite, was the first network security analyst at META Group and held executive level positions with CipherTrust, TruSecure, and was a founder of SHYM Technology. Mike is a frequent contributor for TechTarget and a highly regarded speaker on information security topics. Keep track of Mike's musings via The Daily Incite newsletter.
Do you have a question for our experts?
Contributions from Mike Rothman, Contributor
- How do ISO 17799 and SAS 70 differ?
- The forensics mindset: Making life easier for investiga
- Has FFIEC made any VoIP-specific mandates?
- Finding lost notebooks with 'LoJack for laptops'
- What can be done to block adult images in search engine results?
- What are the security job prospects for someone without a certification?
- How are the PCI DSS deadline extensions affecting corporations' desire to become compliant?
- What are the roles of a liaison officer?
- Why are there still various independent credit card security standards?
- What is the best way to administer exams to students via computer?
- Security management in 2008: What's in store
- How can birth certificate fraud and passport fraud be prevented?
- Will a Security+ certification be useful for aspiring security analysts?
- Should computer exams be transmitted as PDF files or Word files?
- Are there security management products that can track compliance objectives?
- Is it against HIPAA regulations to display client names?
- Getting started on a career in penetration testing
- Compliance year in review: PCI DSS progress, yet confus
- What Web security initiatives can be taken on a college campus?
- Are there any references that discuss the cost of PCI DSS compliance?