Randall Gamby is the information security officer for the Medicaid Information Service Center of New York (MISCNY). MISCNY manages and maintains the largest state-run Medicaid claims data warehouse in the United States. Prior to this position he was the enterprise security architect for a Fortune 500 insurance and finance company. His experience also includes many years as an analyst for the Burton Group's Security and Risk Management Services group. His coverage areas included: secure messaging, security infrastructure, identity and access management, security policies and procedures, credential services, and regulatory compliance.
Prior to joining Burton Group, Randall was a senior consultant and infrastructure designer for Fortune 500 companies, global organizations, and federal governments developing integrated systems for enterprise, national and worldwide deployments. With 20 years of experience, Randall is a founding participant in OSI communications development and was a representative for McDonnell Douglas Corporation (now Boeing Aerospace) in the Aerospace Industries Association, which worked for standardized interoperation between aerospace organizations and the U.S. government.
Do you have a question for our experts?
Contributions from Randall Gamby, Contributor
- How to align an IAM program with business priorities
- Security big data: How to get started
- Auditing remote desktop access software
- Has risk-based authentication finally matured?
- Types of SSO: Comparing two vendors' SSO approaches
- Using IDaaS and XACML for a hybrid IdM system
- User account security best practices to thwart attacks
- Prevent 'privilege creep' in user access provisioning
- Does Verified by Visa offer minimal password security?
- User guidelines for secure remote desktop access
- Is it OK to use IMEI numbers for mobile authentication?
- IdM features in MDM products: What to look for
- SCIM IdM, provisioning preparation
- The role of IAM systems in enterprise compliance
- NSTIC: The future of online identity protection?
- SCIM identity management: Is outsourcing now viable?
- Best practices for implementing dynamic authorization
- Time to consider image-based authentication?
- Can the cloud replace passwords?
- Enterprise mobile access and two-factor authentication