Randall Gamby is the information security officer for the Medicaid Information Service Center of New York (MISCNY). MISCNY manages and maintains the largest state-run Medicaid claims data warehouse in the United States. Prior to this position he was the enterprise security architect for a Fortune 500 insurance and finance company. His experience also includes many years as an analyst for the Burton Group's Security and Risk Management Services group. His coverage areas included: secure messaging, security infrastructure, identity and access management, security policies and procedures, credential services, and regulatory compliance.
Prior to joining Burton Group, Randall was a senior consultant and infrastructure designer for Fortune 500 companies, global organizations, and federal governments developing integrated systems for enterprise, national and worldwide deployments. With 20 years of experience, Randall is a founding participant in OSI communications development and was a representative for McDonnell Douglas Corporation (now Boeing Aerospace) in the Aerospace Industries Association, which worked for standardized interoperation between aerospace organizations and the U.S. government.
Do you have a question for our experts?
Contributions from Randall Gamby, Contributor
- Enterprise user de-provisioning best practices
- Minimum password length best practices
- Exchange Server administration policy
- Privileged account policy: Managing privileged accounts
- Password storage vault: Credential validation
- How to spot suspicious logins
- A primer for user privilege management in Windows Serve
- User provisioning best practices: Access recertificatio
- How to use an automated user provisioning system for access control
- The pros and cons of deploying OpenLDAP: Windows and Un
- Self-service user identity management
- Role-based access control: Pros of an open source RBAC
- Windows Active Directory security configuration
- Alternatives to password-reset questions tackle social
- How DNA cryptography relates to company information
- Can DHCP management tools be used to manage user account permissions?
- What to include in a remote access audit
- Will biometric authentication devices integrate with in-house software?
- How to set up Apache Web server access control
- How to perform an Active Directory security audit