Randall Gamby is the information security officer for the Medicaid Information Service Center of New York (MISCNY). MISCNY manages and maintains the largest state-run Medicaid claims data warehouse in the United States. Prior to this position he was the enterprise security architect for a Fortune 500 insurance and finance company. His experience also includes many years as an analyst for the Burton Group's Security and Risk Management Services group. His coverage areas included: secure messaging, security infrastructure, identity and access management, security policies and procedures, credential services, and regulatory compliance.
Prior to joining Burton Group, Randall was a senior consultant and infrastructure designer for Fortune 500 companies, global organizations, and federal governments developing integrated systems for enterprise, national and worldwide deployments. With 20 years of experience, Randall is a founding participant in OSI communications development and was a representative for McDonnell Douglas Corporation (now Boeing Aerospace) in the Aerospace Industries Association, which worked for standardized interoperation between aerospace organizations and the U.S. government.
Do you have a question for our experts?
Contributions from Randall Gamby, Contributor
- OpenLDAP migration: OpenLDAP from an Active Directory schema
- The pros and cons of automated user provisioning software
- Identity management SSO security: Hardening single sign-on systems
- Biometric security technology: The safest types
- Enrolling in an Active Directory and Windows certificate authority
- Is messaging in symmetric encryption better than PGP email security?
- Using a digital signature, electronic signature and digital certificate
- Conducting a user access review with a small informatio
- Choosing an identity and access management architecture
- Active Directory update: User self-service security concerns
- Is the 3DES encryption algorithm the best choice for S/MIME protocol?
- Creating a user account management policy to delete old accounts
- Is an SMTP TLS certificate the same as an FTP SSL certificate?
- SMS two-factor authentication for electronic identity
- Is a touchscreen virtual keyboard good for keeping passwords secure?
- The difference between a digital signature and digital certificate
- Separation of duties: Internal user account controls
- How to decode a cipher: Identifying a cryptographic hash algorithm
- Password encryption program: Best practices and alternatives
- Is user account administration one of the duties of a DBA?