Randall Gamby is the information security officer for the Medicaid Information Service Center of New York (MISCNY). MISCNY manages and maintains the largest state-run Medicaid claims data warehouse in the United States. Prior to this position he was the enterprise security architect for a Fortune 500 insurance and finance company. His experience also includes many years as an analyst for the Burton Group's Security and Risk Management Services group. His coverage areas included: secure messaging, security infrastructure, identity and access management, security policies and procedures, credential services, and regulatory compliance.
Prior to joining Burton Group, Randall was a senior consultant and infrastructure designer for Fortune 500 companies, global organizations, and federal governments developing integrated systems for enterprise, national and worldwide deployments. With 20 years of experience, Randall is a founding participant in OSI communications development and was a representative for McDonnell Douglas Corporation (now Boeing Aerospace) in the Aerospace Industries Association, which worked for standardized interoperation between aerospace organizations and the U.S. government.
Do you have a question for our experts?
Contributions from Randall Gamby, Contributor
- Forensic incident response: Integrating a SIM system an
- Digital signature implementation: How to verify email addresses
- Clientless SSL VPN vulnerability and Web browser protec
- Joining security information management systems with identity management systems boosts security
- Smart card security: Disable a lost smart card and track with GPS?
- Account lockout policy: Addressing too many failed login attempts
- How to grant local admin rights with Global Policy Objects
- Electronic access control system and biometrics authentication
- Finding the most secure database for biometric security measures
- Creating a password-reset program with corporate text messaging
- The future of PCI DSS encryption requirements? Tokeniza
- Password security vaults: Is SSO authentication better?
- Is it possible to crack the public key encryption algorithm?
- IAM trends: Rebuilding security with provisioning techn
- Creating a secure intranet with secure file access management
- Using application quality control tools for auditing applications
- PKI vulnerabilities: How to update PKI with secure hash functions
- How to protect a laptop: Biometrics vs. encryption
- Manage access to social networking sites with an acceptable use policy
- Is KeePass safe? Free password protection programs and enterprise IAM